Skip to main content

We All Have Two Women inside of us (if you're one) or with us (if you are a Man): the Wife or the Mistress




Whenever I read the book of Proverbs, I always want to be like her.
Wisdom is always defined and personified as a woman calling out to the simpleminded and those who lack good judgement to join her in her feast.
Can you imagine that? Wisdom is like a banquet host. What she says, the words of wisdom are like a home cooked meal! Partaking wisdom is like eating. Much like in Psalm 34:8 it says, "taste and see".
I always liked her. Actually I wanted to be like her. Each chapter that she is described differently but makes me want more to be like her.
Persistent and Unashamed
In Proverbs 1 she is a Persistent Woman and unashamed. She calls out, cries out even in the public and to the crowds. She persistently calls out to share not just her counsel but even her own heart. I am greatly challenged by this as a pastor and discipler. When, just like Wisdom, you also experienced this lines:
“I called you so often, but you wouldn’t come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered." (Proverbs 1:24-25)
Protective
In Proverbs 2, wisdom will protect you from the "other woman" (actually, if you are a Woman, it will protect you from that not-so-pleasant-you that you try to bury but comes alive from time to time. I'll discuss her in a while ;).
Wisdom is like a "shield to those who walk with integrity" (Prov.2:7). She "guards the oath of the just" and "protects those who are faithful" (Prov. 2:8). Wisdom will "watch over you" and "keep you safe" (Prov. 2:11).
Proverbs 4:6
"Don’t turn your back on wisdom, for she will protect you. Love her, and she will guard you."
Precious and Fulfilling
Proverbs 2 and 3 personified her like a treasure too. Precious and fulfilling that you will be filled with joy.
Imagine that? I used to be soooo pessimistic before I got to know the Lord Jesus. Full of gloom and despair. But it all changed after He came into my life. Each day as I read through God's word I would desire to be like wisdom. It makes you joyful!(Prov2:10, 3:13).
I wanted to be precious too. Not like the world's standard, but according to God. "More profitable than silver" and "better than gold" (Prov.3:14). "More precious than rubies" and
"Nothing you desire can compare with her!"(Prov3:15,8:11).
The kind of woman who is an asset- "offers long life in her right hand" and "riches and honor in her left hand"(Prov3:16). I want to be that kind of woman!
Refreshing
Wisdom is like a tree of life(Prov.3:18). Thats probably one of my favorite descriptions of her. I always have a drawing of a tree on my prayer journal. I even wanted that when I die I get to be buried under a tree that even in my death I will give life. Refreshing. ;)


Founded and well rooted in God.
Our battle cry in our network resonates this: Taking root below, bearing fruit above!
I remember a particular quote from Lisa Chan(You and Me Forever) about what a strong woman looks like.



I like that. Looking at a tree in its prime is refreshingly beautiful. I want to be like that.
Prize, Promotion and Authority
Proverbs 4:8-9
If you prize wisdom, she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will honor you. She will place a lovely wreath on your head; she will present you with a beautiful crown.”
A kind of woman who is the Prize not the Price (Premyo di Papresyo!). Like a crown, brings Honor and Promotion. Crown represents not just something achieved through victory in a competion. It could also be a symbol of promotion and authority. I want to be that kind of woman ;)
Builder
Proverbs 9:1
"Wisdom has built her house; she has carved its seven columns."
I have always wondered what those 7 columns were. I heard in a preaching but not entirely sure of every detail but it was every part in the society.
Education
Business
Mass Media
Health
Family
Politics
Religion
In this places, women are found. And the kind of woman who builds not destroys:
Proverbs 14:1
"A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands."
I desire to be that kind of woman who builds God's Kingdom in this "pillars". Where she is an asset and refreshing and protective and unashamed and persistent in her prayers to bless where God has led her.
Wisdom as the Noble Wife
If you read the very last chapter of Proverbs, she could be summed up in the qualities of the Noble Woman. It was never meant to be a checklist to achieve but as I learned more about, it should be a ladder to step on out of obedience and grace and love.
For a woman like me, we all have her inside of us. She just needs to be uncovered like a treasure hidden in the mines. We must put on every effort to dig deep and cultivate her. This is not because some "prince charming" is coming or a "King" will notice you if you become the "Queen".
Do it and become like her because it was what God wanted you to become ;) I know I do. I know that even if I am still covered with lots of dirt and buried in all my mess, God looks at me through Jesus and sees me as He has spoken in His word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To God Be the Glory- My Testimonial During the Youth Reload last Friday- May 13, 2011 was a night filled with music, dance, laughter and even tears for the One and Only Star in our Lives- God. BCC was once again filled with so many young people, there are lots of “VIPs” and also the “Many Timers”- I’m one of them. I’ve been coming to BCC for almost 2 months now. After my Encounter, my passion to go through these events increased and going to BCC is already part of my Weekly schedule. But that night was different. Our Network-Eagurlz and the Arios Knights were the sponsors for the YR’s program. It was different because I was not just there to watch but to be watched. We were called “Las Chicas Agilas” and we danced Stacie Orrico’s “I could be the one”. But before the dance, there was one part were someone wil

Tula sa Nangungulila

Missing someone(s) right now. So I'll write right now. Di mo man ako pansinin, Ibaliwala ang pagsuyo at pagtingin, Basta huwag mo laging kalimutan, Ikaw ay nasa aking mga panalangin. Di kita tatantanan o bibitawan, Makita ko lang ang inaasam na pagbabago. Mawala na ang inyong lumang pagkatao, At maghari ang Buhay ni Kristo! Ngayong araw, ikaw ay nasa aking mga dasal, Alam mo man o Hindi, Ako'y nananabik para sa iyo. Hanggang sa makita kang muli. Sa aking harap at sa iyong tabi. English Translation: You might not notice me now, Don't mind my persuasion and affection. Just don't always forget, You are always in my prayers. I will not leave you alone or let you go, Until I finally see the change for you I've longed for. That your old you be gone, And see the life of Christ in you! Today, You are in my prayers, You might know or not, I am longing for you, Until I finally see you again. Face to face and by your side.

“Restless? Be STILL”

See the picture? That’s our University field. It’s so vast for me even I’ve seen it almost my whole life. Growing up inside the campus, growing up seeing all of these for 22 years, I still never get use to these. Masarap mag senti sa mga lugar na ito. Maaliwalas, tahimik at malawak- kasing lawak ng imagination ko. Peace. Lately, I’ve been struggling with peace. Heart. Mind. Body. Soul. Whenever I see this vastness I would dream again. That God would fill this with so many young people that will worship Him, give their lives to Him. And you know what? It excites me. And scares me. It makes me happy. And makes me nervous. Maybe it’s just really part of my personality. As Kabacan Ministry is taking off- Sunday services and open cells, my list of goals and dreams also increases. It’s not a bad thing- having goals are all important so that you would know if we really are progressing. “But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.” Phil3:16. Since all of these are happening,