Skip to main content

Scenes, Seen and Sins

Read 2 Samuel 11:1-5

Sin has a pattern in our lives. We just have to learn to ask the right questions when it comes to drifting away from God. In David's case, we could learn how it progressed by asking the 4 questions:
1. Where are you now?
Read in verse 1:

The sign your lost is that you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. David was supposed to be at war. But he stayed behind. The moment we start running away from what God asked to do and go back to the places we used to go in our past life esp w/ the reason- "nagpapahinga lang ako!" its a sign we must turn back or else...

2. What are you looking at? V2.

You start looking at the wrong things or people. You get distracted and your vision changes. Like David he forgot the promises of God and his warning not to disobey by just one look. That's what it all takes one look. It is not when we are at war we get tested- it is when we are "resting" and we gave in.

3. Who are you talking to? V4.

You know you are lost when you are with the wrong crowd. When you start to ask advice from the wrong people. If it was someone who is in God, David might have been corrected.

God wants us to have boundaries not to keep the good things from coming in but actually to keep the bad things that will destroy us out of our life.

4. What are you doing?
2 Samuel 11:4
"Then David sent messengers to get her; and when she came to the palace, he slept with her. She had just completed the purification rites after having her menstrual period. Then she returned home."

Who would have thought that the "man after God's heart" and the "better man" over Saul God would commit such a sin? No matter how David was highly regarded by God, he was still human. Tempted and he gave in. Temptations will arise- always but to give in is a choice.
This is the part when many
 are already too deep or too caught in the trap they somewhat forget what is right or wrong. Too numb, too selfish to care.

Sin is like Credit Card...
Enjoy now but pay later.
In David's case, the sin he commited had consequences. And it ain't going away in just one day of confessing.

The worst thing about sin progressing in our lives, we open doors to:
Spirit of Lying or Hypocrisy:
David became a liar and hypocrite in front of Uriah. He was able to lie in front of His face. That's a sign how far you've drifted- when you can lie without thinking twice to whom you are lying to. If you read in the Book of Chronicles, that Uriah was one of the Thirty Mighty Men of David.
Sin can destroy friendships and relationships. The worst lie we could accept as truth like David did was, "I am not doing anything wrong."
We try to cover it up just lije he did and when we can't deny it anymore, we open the door to..

Spirit of Violence/Murder/Destruction: he couldn't cover it up anymore so he eliminated Uriah instead. You know you have really drifted Away from God when you don't care who you hurt or destroy as long as you could save face or salvage your reputation because of your sin.

It might seem that David might be long far gone, doesn't he?
No, not really. God is gracious as long as we are willing to repent and change after we commit our sins.
How? Read the next chapter 2 Samuel 12 to find out what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To God Be the Glory- My Testimonial During the Youth Reload last Friday- May 13, 2011 was a night filled with music, dance, laughter and even tears for the One and Only Star in our Lives- God. BCC was once again filled with so many young people, there are lots of “VIPs” and also the “Many Timers”- I’m one of them. I’ve been coming to BCC for almost 2 months now. After my Encounter, my passion to go through these events increased and going to BCC is already part of my Weekly schedule. But that night was different. Our Network-Eagurlz and the Arios Knights were the sponsors for the YR’s program. It was different because I was not just there to watch but to be watched. We were called “Las Chicas Agilas” and we danced Stacie Orrico’s “I could be the one”. But before the dance, there was one part were someone wil

Tula sa Nangungulila

Missing someone(s) right now. So I'll write right now. Di mo man ako pansinin, Ibaliwala ang pagsuyo at pagtingin, Basta huwag mo laging kalimutan, Ikaw ay nasa aking mga panalangin. Di kita tatantanan o bibitawan, Makita ko lang ang inaasam na pagbabago. Mawala na ang inyong lumang pagkatao, At maghari ang Buhay ni Kristo! Ngayong araw, ikaw ay nasa aking mga dasal, Alam mo man o Hindi, Ako'y nananabik para sa iyo. Hanggang sa makita kang muli. Sa aking harap at sa iyong tabi. English Translation: You might not notice me now, Don't mind my persuasion and affection. Just don't always forget, You are always in my prayers. I will not leave you alone or let you go, Until I finally see the change for you I've longed for. That your old you be gone, And see the life of Christ in you! Today, You are in my prayers, You might know or not, I am longing for you, Until I finally see you again. Face to face and by your side.

“Restless? Be STILL”

See the picture? That’s our University field. It’s so vast for me even I’ve seen it almost my whole life. Growing up inside the campus, growing up seeing all of these for 22 years, I still never get use to these. Masarap mag senti sa mga lugar na ito. Maaliwalas, tahimik at malawak- kasing lawak ng imagination ko. Peace. Lately, I’ve been struggling with peace. Heart. Mind. Body. Soul. Whenever I see this vastness I would dream again. That God would fill this with so many young people that will worship Him, give their lives to Him. And you know what? It excites me. And scares me. It makes me happy. And makes me nervous. Maybe it’s just really part of my personality. As Kabacan Ministry is taking off- Sunday services and open cells, my list of goals and dreams also increases. It’s not a bad thing- having goals are all important so that you would know if we really are progressing. “But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.” Phil3:16. Since all of these are happening,