Skip to main content

Dearest YOU


April 6, 2016
Dearest YOU:

            We've been together now for 5 years. But everyday seems like the first day You told me You loved and proposed to me. You even told me that even before we met, You were already in love with me with a deep love. And there are no accidents; only God's plan and Destiny. You told me I was an answered prayer (but I think it was always the other way around). You made me believe in dreams and dreaming again when You told me I was a dream come true.
            You were never shy showing affection for me and how much You loved me- You were always obvious. So obvious You want the whole world how much that love is. But You never pushed me to respond to that love. You've always been the perfect gentleman. I always had my reservations with us- it was not You, it was always about me. My friends, some of them though they know about You, they don't seem to understand about You. Your ideals, Your perspective in life, Your values and even standards. You come off too strong or extreme for them. But my parents approved- Thank God!
            But I had past issues that made we feel unworthy. I'll never know what You saw in me. I've never felt beautiful especially in the mornings with bad breath and unruly hair- yet You always call me beautiful. Always. When I finally said yes and accepted that love, You never failed to show, pursue and court me every day.
            I used to be so afraid to accept Your love. I was afraid that when You finally saw my secrets and my past, You won't want me anymore. But You even told me scarred people are beautiful and You accept it all- the good, the bad and the ugly. You saw past my defenses and walls and tore it all down. For perfect love drives out fears.
            I remembered the day I tried to even convince You to stop pursuing me. I tried to convince You by telling You all about my past. How I gave my heart and even body and soul to the many others that came before You. But it just solidified Your decision to pursue me. You were as stubborn as a Rock! As I wept and surrendered my broken heart and what was left of it to You- I saw tears flowing from Your eyes too. You were not hurt because of what I gave You, You were deeply hurt because it felt that a part of You were also torn and broken.
            You made me better; the moment You came into my life, I was never the same again. What song would describe our love story? If I could borow Gary V's 'How Did You know" that will be the tune of our story or it could also be "Beauty and the Beast"- I'll be the Beast and You'll be the beauty! Hahaha! Just kidding.

            If there was a line that perfectly speaks of Your coming in my life it would be these:
"How did You know
I needed someone like You in my life
That there was an empty space in my heart
You came at the right time in my life"

            You did come at the right time in my life.
            Then You gave me more with Your children! Though they call me "mother", I knew deep in my heart they will always be their "Father's Children". My heart would swell with love and joy as I see so much of You in them!
            This journey with You have been one roller coaster ride. There were so many ups and downs; loops and twists and turns. But You held my hand through it all. We even went through dark tunnels that seem not to end- yet I only feel Your hand squeeze mine and I know I am safe. The light will soon come at the end of the tunnel. Add to that my mood swings that at times gives You a smack- You still treated me the same. You never grew distant or was offended- You took it all with a smile and a lot of patience. Soon, Your patience rubbed off on me and even taught me that some of the first things to learn in love is to wait, be patient and not be irritable.
            You never doubted me yet there were days I did doubt You. But You only told me that Your love is as constant as the Sun and if I still doubt it- I just have to count the ocean waves and that's how much You loved me! You were always my Sunshine and never minded that I was always so melancholy- like a rainy day.
            Yes, like the rain, there were days that seemed it never stopped pouring from my eyes. I would stay up so late crying my heart out until I fell asleep. And You were awake with me the whole time even if at times i thought You were not listening to me. When I would grow tired and exhausted and dark nights seemed longer than they should be- You were my Light. You drive out my nightmares and slay my demons. You kept guard of me.
            But there were also days that I would pray would grow longer because You are with me- days of sunshine and so much love and joy unspeakable.
            You were always proud of me and never disappointed. Slow to get angry, yes, but never disappointed. You were and always have been forgiving. Especially in days my words and actions already hurt You, yet You forgive me still. And remind me never to be so hard on myself.
            You were the adventurous type and loved to travel. And I... I was just content to be with You. Even if it meant plane rides, long bus and van and even motorcycle rides, going to provinces and exploring cities. You liked new things which I also tried. Many thought I was always taking lead or strong and in command- You knew me too well that I'm always an introvert; I have fears of opening up to change and even something new and unsure to me.
            But I would always try- because You believed so much in me that I started to believe in myself. That I could do anything because I am with You. You would hold my hand and lead the way or just give me that push I needed to go for it. You assured me that You'll be there and You've got me covered.
            Sure, we had good times and times it was so bad I would pray that the hurt and pain would just stop. But You held me in those times and whispered that someday it will all make sense and wipe my tears from my beautiful eyes. Days where there was plenty but also none. Yet You never failed to provide- though at times just enough for our needs. Its ok for You are already what I want and need!
            Out of the many who made so many promises, You were the only one that never left me and never did anything to hurt me. You never failed to fulfill Your promises.
            So where do Ii see myself 3 or 5 or 10 or more years from now? Probably with You. For where You are, there my home will be. Holding hands. Walking the same path. Loving each other. Loving our children and other people. Growing old definitely. I know You'll hold my hand even if its calloused and frail. You'll still call me beautiful with my face full of wrinkles and my hair as white as snow.

            Though my ears might grow deaf, I'll still listen to Your voice and Your stories.

            Though my eyes grow dim, I'll still look at the eyes of the one I love and read the love letters You've written me over and over again (like it was the first time) until I grow blind.

            Though my heart and health may fail, You and Your love will be my strength.

            It feels like time flies when You're with the one You love and with You it feels like a thousand years is like one day and a day is like a thousand years.

            When it will finally be hard to walk or even just stand, I'll sit or even kneel like I always did.
            Finally, when I will breath my last, I won't be afraid and I'll even welcome death as a friend. You overcame it already when You died first at the Cross and rose from the grave after 3 days. For as it was on Earth, You were my Bridegroom and Husband JESUS (The one I LOVE) and I am Your Bride, as it will be for Eternity.
            For to live is (to Love and Be Loved by) Christ and to die is Gain.

Yours Truly,

The One You Loves

Do you want to have the same Love Story? Jesus is waiting for you right now- Revelations 3:20. God Bless You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To God Be the Glory- My Testimonial During the Youth Reload last Friday- May 13, 2011 was a night filled with music, dance, laughter and even tears for the One and Only Star in our Lives- God. BCC was once again filled with so many young people, there are lots of “VIPs” and also the “Many Timers”- I’m one of them. I’ve been coming to BCC for almost 2 months now. After my Encounter, my passion to go through these events increased and going to BCC is already part of my Weekly schedule. But that night was different. Our Network-Eagurlz and the Arios Knights were the sponsors for the YR’s program. It was different because I was not just there to watch but to be watched. We were called “Las Chicas Agilas” and we danced Stacie Orrico’s “I could be the one”. But before the dance, there was one part were someone wil

Tula sa Nangungulila

Missing someone(s) right now. So I'll write right now. Di mo man ako pansinin, Ibaliwala ang pagsuyo at pagtingin, Basta huwag mo laging kalimutan, Ikaw ay nasa aking mga panalangin. Di kita tatantanan o bibitawan, Makita ko lang ang inaasam na pagbabago. Mawala na ang inyong lumang pagkatao, At maghari ang Buhay ni Kristo! Ngayong araw, ikaw ay nasa aking mga dasal, Alam mo man o Hindi, Ako'y nananabik para sa iyo. Hanggang sa makita kang muli. Sa aking harap at sa iyong tabi. English Translation: You might not notice me now, Don't mind my persuasion and affection. Just don't always forget, You are always in my prayers. I will not leave you alone or let you go, Until I finally see the change for you I've longed for. That your old you be gone, And see the life of Christ in you! Today, You are in my prayers, You might know or not, I am longing for you, Until I finally see you again. Face to face and by your side.

“Restless? Be STILL”

See the picture? That’s our University field. It’s so vast for me even I’ve seen it almost my whole life. Growing up inside the campus, growing up seeing all of these for 22 years, I still never get use to these. Masarap mag senti sa mga lugar na ito. Maaliwalas, tahimik at malawak- kasing lawak ng imagination ko. Peace. Lately, I’ve been struggling with peace. Heart. Mind. Body. Soul. Whenever I see this vastness I would dream again. That God would fill this with so many young people that will worship Him, give their lives to Him. And you know what? It excites me. And scares me. It makes me happy. And makes me nervous. Maybe it’s just really part of my personality. As Kabacan Ministry is taking off- Sunday services and open cells, my list of goals and dreams also increases. It’s not a bad thing- having goals are all important so that you would know if we really are progressing. “But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.” Phil3:16. Since all of these are happening,