Skip to main content

The Calling of the one who Loves me

I should have posted something on the day of 'hearts' yet I was travelling most of the time. It was also a time that I spent more with the people I value most- out closecell and spiritual leaders. 

My February's are usually memorable not because of reasons many celebrate it with people they are romantically involve with. Sure, I celebrate it with the same reason- LOVE but not what the world speaks of. Love has become highly commercialized this days. Just imagine the amount of roses and chocolates sold last February 14! Oh! I have nothing against roses and a few chocolates (though I am allergic), since I received some myself..But what love stands for this days. It's meaning has downgraded and lost its 'spectacular' effect. So that's what I am sharing now.

It was Friday again, the eve of V-day and I was from another 3 hour long travel from Kabacan to Davao city. I was with two of my disciples and we ate a very heavy dinner. We rushed to BCC for the Youth Reload. The theme for this February is 'Meant to be' and that night was all about 'Victims to Victors'. 

I love spending time here- other than I could really bond with my disciple who is currently studying in the city but at the same time an opportunity to listen and receive from my leaders. A chance to be refreshed and receive new revelations that I could impart when I get back home. 

I missed the worship (where you're not the one leading or overseeing the flow).
I love sitting in the crowd (and not the one either preaching or at the back interceding for your disciple).
It felt like my first time again. Then the Word came. 
I was laughing. I was joyful. But actually I was struggling before I came to the YR. That friday morning I had to confront the team with 'divisions' and walls that needed to be broken. That day I had less sleep because I was consistently awoken by God in prayer. And before going, I had to surrender something once more. 

It was ironic but I knew it was never an accident. Last Feb. 13, 2015 was my 4th year as a Christian. It was the very same date 4 years ago when I received Christ as my Lord and Saviour. Yes, like many, I was celebrating the calling of the one who loves me more than I could ever imagine. 

Then Manong Gen made an illustration that hit home- 'much is given much is required'. I laughed at the illustration- enjoying it. But inside I wanted to cry because it was like what I felt 4 years ago when God called me out of the City to serve in the province as a full time pastor. 

Much love is given, much is required.

 I was reminded on the very day I received Him that everything I have- including my dreams, my rights and my very life belongs to Him. You might not like how it sounds but just think of your current situation; you might be in a relationship right now. How is it that it makes you head over heels when you belong to someone like a boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband yet it sounds 'controlling' for the Lord to own you? 

I belonged to Him. Because of one thing- LOVE. Self-sacrificing. Enduring. Faithful.

It was actually funny because by the time the preacher called for an altar call I was up to my feet and compelled to really lay it out to Him. Everyone was still caught up in their own encounter with God that night that it took a few more seconds before anyone was walking to the front. I had my own, God gave me a vision in John 21:15-18
After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?[e]
“Yes, Lord,” Peter replied, “you know I love you.”
“Then feed my lambs,” Jesus told him.
16 Jesus repeated the question: “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
“Yes, Lord,” Peter said, “you know I love you.”
“Then take care of my sheep,” Jesus said.
17 A third time he asked him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, “Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Then feed my sheep.
18 “I tell you the truth, when you were young, you were able to do as you liked; you dressed yourself and went wherever you wanted to go. But when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and others[f] will dress you and take you where you don’t want to go.”

I was Peter. He was asking me if i loved Him more that 'these'. 'These' is the plural term for something you are referring to. What are my 'these' Lord, compared to my Love for you? When I got home, I spent time with Him and asked those things. They were the same things 4 years ago: time, energy, dreams, rights, people. The list goes on. In God, everything is in competition for His affection. That night, I slept sober once more. Matured a little bit more. Learned more. Loved more. 

I still shed a few tears and spend early mornings and nights crying out to God for comfort. I still think of the things I had to give but much more than what I will gain. Soli Deo Gloria!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging again!

I miss blogging! So after nights of sipping on my coffee and thinking (and also looking at the stack of paper of all my preaching notes) I've decided to blog them. :D Since becoming a pastor 3 years ago, I would prepare for my sermons or preaching every week. It doesn't include the time I would also prepare for my G12 cell group with my core leaders and opencell life groups we conduct. I also have notes for every class I conduct on our Post-encounter, School of Leaders 1 and 2. So yes, if material is the question, no doubt I have plenty of those. Then I also though of what I am passionate about. It was always been this- reading, writing and speaking. It's also a way to keep my leaders updated of all that's happening to the church here in Kabacan; where the Spirit of God is leading us and what are some of the issues that needs to be addressed as it also resonates in the emphasis of each preaching I share. If you happen to read one of my blog posts feel free to co

Bring them back to Repentance? IMPOSSIBLE

This message in Hebrews 6:4 to 6, can be a warning to 3 people: Those who ‘turned away from God”; Those who have not ‘turned away from God and; Those who know people who “turned from God”.   It stands as a warning to us.  Have we heard God’s voice and trembled? I don’t mean fear that keeps us from coming to God, but the kind of fear that is spoken in Proverbs as “the foundation of wisdom.” We fondly pray that God would speak to us and hear His voice but do we really know what we are praying? It reminded me of the Israelites who were at the foot of Mount Sinai. When they heard God’s thunderous voice, they did not dare come nearer and asked Moses to speak in their behalf (Deuteronomy 5:23-27). To quote Francis Chan, “When you pick up your Bible, you are actually holding something better than a voice coming out of a cloud on the top of a mountain.” So this warning must really create a Holy fear in us that will keep us from turning away from God. It also give

Tula sa Nangungulila

Missing someone(s) right now. So I'll write right now. Di mo man ako pansinin, Ibaliwala ang pagsuyo at pagtingin, Basta huwag mo laging kalimutan, Ikaw ay nasa aking mga panalangin. Di kita tatantanan o bibitawan, Makita ko lang ang inaasam na pagbabago. Mawala na ang inyong lumang pagkatao, At maghari ang Buhay ni Kristo! Ngayong araw, ikaw ay nasa aking mga dasal, Alam mo man o Hindi, Ako'y nananabik para sa iyo. Hanggang sa makita kang muli. Sa aking harap at sa iyong tabi. English Translation: You might not notice me now, Don't mind my persuasion and affection. Just don't always forget, You are always in my prayers. I will not leave you alone or let you go, Until I finally see the change for you I've longed for. That your old you be gone, And see the life of Christ in you! Today, You are in my prayers, You might know or not, I am longing for you, Until I finally see you again. Face to face and by your side.