Skip to main content

Sunday Song Setlist

Twas Sunday again and as the head pastor of the church I have to get many things ready: My Preaching and other details like the place and the getting ready my people for another Harvest Event.

One of the main things I prepare and also my team is the Sunday Song Set list for the Praise and Worship. Worship is always a big deal to me since it's one of the things that sets the spiritual atmosphere of the Sunday Service program. So I take all the necessary things like preparing my team; checking the purity of each of my members and reminding them to read their daily devotionals and most especially rehearsals. I also double check the equipment like microphones, guitars and the sound system.

I'm not just the head pastor I'm also the worship director of the church. I also play the guitars (both bass and acoustic)and at first I used to lead also. Actually, when the church was still starting, I used to be the one who plays the guitar, leads the worship service, leads in prayer and lastly preach the Word. That was 3 years ago. We started with only 8 people in front of our house. Now we gather 40 to 80 people on a commercial space we rent every Sunday and also in Wednesdays for our Youth Reload service for the youth ministry. 
Home church (that's me preaching)
Here we are in our new place \o/

It was a great transition for the church. I never despised the small beginnings we had. But it's also great to see that the church is truly growing. For now, we have 1 acoustic guitar (I use a Slim Standard Natural Acoustic Guitar by D&D) and a Boston Acoustic amplifier. We also have one beatbox (we are still praying and raising funds for a drum set) and we just bought(Praises Jesus!) a new Re-chargeable Portable PA System for our sound system. It's very convenient for us since it's common in our locality to have power interruptions. 

So last Sunday our Song Set list was:
1. How Great is our God by Chris Tomlin (We usually start with a worship song since we start the service with a round of intercession and this song is the song playing in the background. At the same time it makes for a cleansing song and a time we usually start to engage with the congregation)
2. You are Good by Bethel 
3. You are Good by Planetshakers
4. Hosanna by Hillsong
This is my PAW team (I play the bass here)

We have afternoon services in our church to cater the young people. We kind of just exchanged the two worship songs since I have four worship leaders under me that I train with different leaders each song and each service. If you want to imagine our services, we kind of have a bit small group feel since we are also a Cell-church (we apply the vision of the G12 strategy). We are also a satellite church our our main church which is the Buhangin Community Church

How about you? 
How was your Sunday and what was the song set list for your worship service? 
If you are also a worship pastor like me, what were your equipment? Ours were pretty basic things for a small church. If your also like me and come from a home church, were there any instances that you experienced worship where there were only a guitar or no instrument at all? What was the experience and how did it feel for you?

Post your comments if you like. Here's a picture of my church if you would like to see, together with our Sr. Pastor as he visited us and did his mentoring session with us (I'll be posting what he shared in another blog post :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To God Be the Glory- My Testimonial During the Youth Reload last Friday- May 13, 2011 was a night filled with music, dance, laughter and even tears for the One and Only Star in our Lives- God. BCC was once again filled with so many young people, there are lots of “VIPs” and also the “Many Timers”- I’m one of them. I’ve been coming to BCC for almost 2 months now. After my Encounter, my passion to go through these events increased and going to BCC is already part of my Weekly schedule. But that night was different. Our Network-Eagurlz and the Arios Knights were the sponsors for the YR’s program. It was different because I was not just there to watch but to be watched. We were called “Las Chicas Agilas” and we danced Stacie Orrico’s “I could be the one”. But before the dance, there was one part were someone wil

Tula sa Nangungulila

Missing someone(s) right now. So I'll write right now. Di mo man ako pansinin, Ibaliwala ang pagsuyo at pagtingin, Basta huwag mo laging kalimutan, Ikaw ay nasa aking mga panalangin. Di kita tatantanan o bibitawan, Makita ko lang ang inaasam na pagbabago. Mawala na ang inyong lumang pagkatao, At maghari ang Buhay ni Kristo! Ngayong araw, ikaw ay nasa aking mga dasal, Alam mo man o Hindi, Ako'y nananabik para sa iyo. Hanggang sa makita kang muli. Sa aking harap at sa iyong tabi. English Translation: You might not notice me now, Don't mind my persuasion and affection. Just don't always forget, You are always in my prayers. I will not leave you alone or let you go, Until I finally see the change for you I've longed for. That your old you be gone, And see the life of Christ in you! Today, You are in my prayers, You might know or not, I am longing for you, Until I finally see you again. Face to face and by your side.

“Restless? Be STILL”

See the picture? That’s our University field. It’s so vast for me even I’ve seen it almost my whole life. Growing up inside the campus, growing up seeing all of these for 22 years, I still never get use to these. Masarap mag senti sa mga lugar na ito. Maaliwalas, tahimik at malawak- kasing lawak ng imagination ko. Peace. Lately, I’ve been struggling with peace. Heart. Mind. Body. Soul. Whenever I see this vastness I would dream again. That God would fill this with so many young people that will worship Him, give their lives to Him. And you know what? It excites me. And scares me. It makes me happy. And makes me nervous. Maybe it’s just really part of my personality. As Kabacan Ministry is taking off- Sunday services and open cells, my list of goals and dreams also increases. It’s not a bad thing- having goals are all important so that you would know if we really are progressing. “But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.” Phil3:16. Since all of these are happening,