Skip to main content

“Treasure in Fragile Jars”

 2 Corinthians 4:6-7
“ For God who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. We now have this light shining in our hearts but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.”
I’ve been pondering upon these passages for almost half the day. What does it meant “fragile clay jars containing this great treasure?”

Ahhhh..finally I got it!! (Lord it takes long if it’s only me, thanks for the patience!). We are the fragile clay jars. Our bodies are that fragile clay jars the passage was discussing about. And knowing God, seeing the glory of God through Christ, there was this light that ignited in our hearts. Like a great treasure.
And then I remembered the parable of the Kingdom of God was likened to a hidden treasure:
Mt. 13:44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.
When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went
and sold all he had and bought that field.

Weeee!!!yeah! knowing God, receiving Him is truly a great find! A treasure worth keeping…

Just today, after a long (for me it’s long because of all the details I have to do : D ) day, I was filled with this ‘light’ like in the fragile jars. That light that makes you Light. Jajaja…I was really happy, no, actually it was Joy. There is really this ‘treasure’ inside of me today. It makes me say, “God I wouldn’t want to spend the rest of my life NOT doing this.” Did you get it? Seeing people blessed, loving Him, loving people. Why should I stop doing what I am doing now? It makes me excited for more.

The chairs were now lacking, there were a lot of people today at the Sunday Service. If I could smile in this blog, my smile would be from ear to ear. You don’t know how overwhelmed we were! The leaders were also overwhelmed, one thing that I desired for them to desire. To really fill this place. For me, if we are not faithful in the small things-our small space at home for the services, how can God entrusts us to fill a new location to capacity? When you are faithful in the little things, God is faithful to give the big things.

Speaking of that, today God fulfilled my dream. Whenever I share the Word in our services, the usual people would be from 9 to 12 people. I also shared during the service, that my mother always encourages me bout this. She also observed it and said that God was testing my heart if I would be faithful to giving the Word, powerfully through God, whether it was a small or big crowd. Today, I was amazed! God almost filled our space, 29 people. Maybe for others it would seem a small crowd but for me, God is already starting to exceed what we used to have last year. Yeah! Exceed 2012! Then I just remembered that before the week started, I wrote in my prayer wall my goals for this week.
1.       Evangelize 5 persons
2.       30 participants on Sunday Service
3.       Open a cell.
The amazing part? This 3 was accomplished! For the number 2, we were lacking for 1 person. Still, God is faithful. Next week new goals again!! Thank you Lord!!
But God reminded me today with this:
2 Cor. 5:12
“Are we commending ourselves to you again? No, we are giving you reason to be proud of us, so you can answer those who brag about having a spectacular ministry rather than having a sincere heart.”

Amen! It’s true. I grew up w/ the mentality that a successful ministry is just about multitudes, members, and numbers on papers. But today, I finally understood what it truly meant of having that sincere heart for the ministry. Seeing those people, coming back and more people are added, I found joy in it that was lacking in the past. Joy that the world could never give. Joy that only comes through a sincere heart of loving God and Loving people. “Passion for God. Compassion for people.”

And there is the Love. When I shared the Word today, I also preached to myself (I think it’s always like that). That whatever we say, think and do should be done with Love and most especially love for others. Coz, really, if I didn’t love what I was doing, I won’t be doing this. But God loved us first (1John4:9) as my sister reminded us in the huddle. All should be done with love.

Back to the topic. One thing I realized today, that when people would look at us we will really seem like “fragile clay jars”, in the MSG version; “unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives.”

Yes. We all seemed ordinary people with ordinary lives w/ a great treasure, a “light” that shines in our hearts that makes us do all this crazy things. (crazy? Kasi sabi pa ng isa sa leader ko, “kung ordinary lang ito na ministry, di na natin sila dapat sunduin?” Hakot Ministry kami ngayon. If they could not come, we will come to them!).

And truly just as the passage goes, “This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.” Yes. All that enables us to do all this is because of Him. We could not and never will take credit of what truly belongs to God. So God, just like the fragile jars, break us as an offering to you. And so others, will see that ‘Light’ that truly is Yours. All Glory and Honor goes to you God.
To God be the Glory!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To God Be the Glory- My Testimonial During the Youth Reload last Friday- May 13, 2011 was a night filled with music, dance, laughter and even tears for the One and Only Star in our Lives- God. BCC was once again filled with so many young people, there are lots of “VIPs” and also the “Many Timers”- I’m one of them. I’ve been coming to BCC for almost 2 months now. After my Encounter, my passion to go through these events increased and going to BCC is already part of my Weekly schedule. But that night was different. Our Network-Eagurlz and the Arios Knights were the sponsors for the YR’s program. It was different because I was not just there to watch but to be watched. We were called “Las Chicas Agilas” and we danced Stacie Orrico’s “I could be the one”. But before the dance, there was one part were someone wil

Tula sa Nangungulila

Missing someone(s) right now. So I'll write right now. Di mo man ako pansinin, Ibaliwala ang pagsuyo at pagtingin, Basta huwag mo laging kalimutan, Ikaw ay nasa aking mga panalangin. Di kita tatantanan o bibitawan, Makita ko lang ang inaasam na pagbabago. Mawala na ang inyong lumang pagkatao, At maghari ang Buhay ni Kristo! Ngayong araw, ikaw ay nasa aking mga dasal, Alam mo man o Hindi, Ako'y nananabik para sa iyo. Hanggang sa makita kang muli. Sa aking harap at sa iyong tabi. English Translation: You might not notice me now, Don't mind my persuasion and affection. Just don't always forget, You are always in my prayers. I will not leave you alone or let you go, Until I finally see the change for you I've longed for. That your old you be gone, And see the life of Christ in you! Today, You are in my prayers, You might know or not, I am longing for you, Until I finally see you again. Face to face and by your side.

“Restless? Be STILL”

See the picture? That’s our University field. It’s so vast for me even I’ve seen it almost my whole life. Growing up inside the campus, growing up seeing all of these for 22 years, I still never get use to these. Masarap mag senti sa mga lugar na ito. Maaliwalas, tahimik at malawak- kasing lawak ng imagination ko. Peace. Lately, I’ve been struggling with peace. Heart. Mind. Body. Soul. Whenever I see this vastness I would dream again. That God would fill this with so many young people that will worship Him, give their lives to Him. And you know what? It excites me. And scares me. It makes me happy. And makes me nervous. Maybe it’s just really part of my personality. As Kabacan Ministry is taking off- Sunday services and open cells, my list of goals and dreams also increases. It’s not a bad thing- having goals are all important so that you would know if we really are progressing. “But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.” Phil3:16. Since all of these are happening,